Alma 26:16

"...Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." Alma 26:16


Monday, September 14, 2015

One more week!

Hi family! and friends, as I will probably send this to friends too...

Well this last week seemed to fly by! It was a good week. We met a few new investigators and other investigators are progressing! Sadly, Erika, Yubal, and Roberth no...but we are teaching a woman named Irene and she is great! She started reading the Book of Mormon last week and has already read 11 chapters! Also, she came to church with her kids (she is a single mom). She seems very content with learning more, she isn't quite willing to set a specific baptism date, but she is not turning the idea of being baptized away, so that is great. Charles was like that too, I mean he didn't let us put a date with him until he told us, "I want to get baptized asap, " and we had to wait 2 weeks until the Trujillo Temple dedication was over. So when they say no to the date, it definetly doesn't mean, no-no, ya know? :)

Speaking of Charles, I recieved a letter from Hna Lozano last week and she told me that he is now 2nd counselor in the Branch Presidency. I knew he would go on to be a great leader. I miss him and his wife Reina so much! They are such wonderful people.

I have gotten to know some amazing people here on my mission and I think that will be the hardest part of leaving it behind. I have grown to love these people so much and it has been such a blessing to be the Lord's servant in this time here in "la gran misiòn Peru Cusco!"

Funny story time,
we were with a member yesterday that we helped reactivate and I told her that this was my last week and that I was going home next week so she said, "¿Ya se va a casa?" (are you already going home?) BUT I thought she said, "¿Ya se va a casar?" (are you going to get married (soon)?) and I was like, "No, no Hermana! No tengo novio ni nada!" (I don't have a boyfriend or anything) haha She was confused and then we realized the mistake and we just laughed. Good times, but also a little awkward. :)

Well, it is time for me to finish this letter up. 
I just want to thank you all for all the amazing support, prayers, and love that you have given to me from day one. I always knew I had an amazing team rooting for little 'ol me from home and that thought has kept me going during some hard times. I am and always will be SO grateful that I served a mission. I have grown in so many ways and I now know without a doubt that I living my life correctly because I am living the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I just want everyone to know how I feel! That is the hardest part sometimes, not being able to just let these people feel what I feel and know what I know. To feel the pure joy and the hope that Christ gives us. To have the assurity that we are God's children and that He loves us so much! I KNOW and no one can take that away from me. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet called of God to be His instrument in restoring the church Jesus Christ organized when He was on the earth. I know that we can be together forever as families. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for each one of us. He wants us to come back to His presence because only there, with Him, can we participate in the fullness of joy that he offers. This is the most important message to the world. We can have a wonderful life, we can repent of our sins, and we can live forever in peace and happiness. Everyone can, but it is up to us to decide individully. 

My time is up or I would say more. It is is hard to believe, in fact I don't believe it, but I will be with you all again soon. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I love you all so much.

Nos vemos pronto.

con mucho amor,
Hermana Purse

No comments:

Post a Comment