Alma 26:16

"...Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." Alma 26:16


Tuesday, April 1, 2014

1st week in the Lima MTC!

Hey my lovelies. Here is some weird news....I am leaving the CCM 2 weeks early because my spnaish rocks!!!! Cool, no? APRIL FOOLS. My spanish stinks, but it is all good.
The following lines are completely truthful. *sorry for grammatical and spelling errors. I am not going to use the time to correct them.
There is so much to say and so little time! (1 hour) My p-days are on Tuesdays, which you probably gathered from my last email so there you go. Where to begin? Ah yes! The food is muy ricco! Soooooo goood all the time. The leaders are like, dont gain weight here cause then your clothes will be too tight! Haha. I always have so much food to eat, but we have to finish it all because there are starving children out there. Rice is on the menu twice a day and it is real good. They usually pair it with chicken or turkey or beef. They have a (cold) steamed vegetable bar. Lunch and dinner come with amazing desserts! We got ice cream twice last week, which was yummy and then more ice cream treats before bed. IT IS THE BEST THING OF MY LIFE. Haha.
The weather is basically perfect since it is their Fall. The humidity feels good, not overpowering and it doesn't get too hot. I usually don't get too hot and sweaty but during physical activity I do. :) we just crank the AC when we get back to our dorms. It is usually sunny, but many of the days have been overcast. It is nice though. The grounds are beautiful. They have this fountain that the little birdies take baths in. I want to sit in it. One of the Hermanas that has been here longer told me that once they cleaned the cafeteria floor with the fountain water. So that's cool I guess.
The first day they let us relax which was super nice! They are pretty chill here, despite all the rules, but it definitely is more laid back than Provo. I am grateful for that.
My companion is Hermana Davis from St. George Utah. She is 23 and is AWESOME. It took us about 2 seconds to become bosom friends. She shares all my nerdy loves. We especially like to talk about Lord of the Rings. (Sometimes, I call her Mr. Frodo and she calls me Sam) We have way to much fun together! We are the crazies in our district, but don't worry! We are good in class and at church! Without her I probably would be frustrated and sad that spanish is so difficult, but with her it is all good. We laugh through our struggles! (We also like to sing a lot, which I am pretty sure is not allowed. Frozen and the Sound of Music seem to be the favorites right now...)
Hna. Davis is also going to Cusco! We are hoping we are companions later on in our missions! We talk about how we will be so awesome and we will look back at us at the ccm and how much we struggled with Spanish. There are 5 Hermanas (including myself) going to Cusco. We all came in together from Atlanta. Most are from Utah, Nevada, California, and Colorado. There were 12 missionaries on the plane. 9 of which were hermanas! How cool is that?! I have six in my district and we are all Hermanas. We have two Hermanas that teach us totally in Spanish! They love that there are only hermanas in my district. Sometimes they accidentally say Elders and Hermanas when addressing us then laugh and apologize.
I love my teachers! They are both so spiritual! I especially love when they bear testimony to us. Both can say a few english words, but everything is Spanish. It is crazy how much I can understand of what they are saying! I have already learned a lot of Spanish and a lot about being a great missionary! I love the missionary aspect...Spanish gets a little frustrating. I have faith that I can learn it though and Hermana Davis and I are going to work really hard!!!
We love the Latina hermanas! They are so adorable and sweet. They especially love my companion because she is hilarious. We all bonded over an intense game of volleyball. So much for no competition. There was a lot of yelling and it was hilarious. The Latino Elders like to tease us. They´ll say "this is Justin Bieber" (pointing to another elder) and we will say: "Oh! Justin Bieber, Mucho Gusto!" It is fun.
I went to the temple early this morning! It was great! Very small and very beautiful! I am excited for conference this week! We are watching the women´s broadcast while the elders watch Priesthood session! It will be great!!
I am already seeing my testimony strengthened in so many ways! I love this church and I love you all! Emotional and Physical update: not homesick (sorry I don´t know why. I love you all so much though! I miss you but it is in no way distracting) Healthy as a horse every day!! Pray for me! I will pray for you!
Much Love, Hermana Purse














4 comments:

  1. This is great! Thanks for running the Blog Natalie <3 I could only open 3 of the photos on my email so this is the first time to see all of them. As always I am tech blighted but you & Becca have it set up perfectly here. - Mamacita Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Wonderful! I feel like I am there! I am so grateful for the time that I spent with you before you left my funny little bug. The Spanish will come. Your Spirit shines brighter than the sun. Mija es muy Fantastica y Bonita y intelligente! Con mucho amor- Tia Mollie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos!! ¡Feliz Cumplianos mi sobrina! Te amo mucho.
    I am picking up global stamps so that I can write real letters and I bought stationary just for you!
    I am very proud of you Becs. I pray for you always and laugh at loud when I think about how funny you are! I am sure it serves you well when you are teaching people the Gospel.
    I love you.
    Con Mucho Amor- Tia Mo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laugh "out" loud......hahaha

    ReplyDelete