Hola everyone!
We started teaching investigators last Wednesday in Spanish and it was so HARD. Hermana Davis and I do not have any high school Spanish experience so we are kind of struggling. Last pday we watched an MTC devo Elder Bednar gave and he said we need to ask our families to pray for us to have the gift of tongues. So this is me asking you, please pray for me! I want to share the wonderful truths we have with these amazing people! But I can't do that without out Spanish really...so your prayers would be appreciated. Oh btw, our teachers pretend to be investigators and we teach them every day, so those are the two lessons everyday! Hermana Davis and I had two pretty low days and we prayed a lot that we would have the spirit with us in our lesson. It was the second lesson we were teaching Karen and we taught her about the Book of Mormon. Heavenly Father answered our prayers!! The spirit was so strong and I testified (in english) that the BOM is true and the power was really there! It was a very neat experience and I really felt Heavenly Father´s love. Unfortunately, that was the only good lesson we have given. The rest have been pretty awful, but we are hopeful that as we work harder our Spanish will improve!
I have felt Heavenly Father´s love for me so many times since I have gotten here. Overwhelmingly so (eh...some tears have been shed...) Last Sunday we watched Jospeh Smith: the Prophet of the Restoration and it completely did me in. I was a mess! But I loved it! I have always had a special testimony of Joseph Smith so I think that is why it affected me so much. I want you to know that I KNOW Joseph Smith did see the Father and Jesus Christ and that he was a prophet called of God. What an amazing man and what and amazing expample he is! Already I can feel my testimony getting stronger. Studying the gospel everyday all day definitely helps! This church is so TRUE. I love it! And conference was so amazing! I took so many notes! Yay! I came away with several different messages, but one was that we are not a lone! Jesus Christ is there to help us whenever we need! What a blessing! I will definitely be relying on His strength on my mission.
Okay, so lets talk the Women´s broadcast. (We got to watch it while the Elders watched Priesthood) It was incredible! I tried not to cry like 6 different times and then they had to play those beautiful videos and those tears just kept a coming! Everyone should watch it! What and incredible experience. Our leaders were so incredibly inspired (obviously) to create a General Women´s meeting. So, so awesome.
I have been here for 2 weeks! so technically I am an intermediate, which is scary because I feel like I know absolutely no spanish. I am pretty good at understanding it though. Ask me to speak it and no. Boo. It is so hard!
I am not going to proofread this so goodluck with all the spelling and grammatical errors! Which reminds me, the other day I told my teacher that I don´t even understand English grammar so how will I understand spanish. She laughed at me. Missionary confessions: sometimes I feel like the CCM is a well-kept prison! I miss watching movies! People think my animal print shirts rock. I get grumpy in my 3 hour block classes I have. This isn´t a confession, but we play ultimate football for Physical Acticvity everyday and it is way fun! And I suprisingly can catch long-distance throws really well! Yeah!
No comments:
Post a Comment