Alma 26:16

"...Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." Alma 26:16


Monday, May 5, 2014

Semana 3

Hi Everyone!

 My week has absolutely FLOWN by!! I can feel your prayers too because it was a good week! Much better than the second week! My digestion is better and my spanish is better and investigators are better. Things are looking up!
So we got new investigators this week and one of them is hilarious and awesome and the other is a bit difficult...BUT I am using a lot of spanish! It is crazy how much better the lessons are when you actually study (in english) the subject you are teaching about beforehand ("tongues will be loosed" that sort of thing) That sounds dumb, but really. I think, oh yeah I know stuff about the priestood, but I don´t brush up on it during personal study and then I get in there and an investigator is asking me about the priesthood and I go blank! It isn´t even a language problem, it is the fact that I didn´t brush up on my knowledge beforehand. I am going to be more dedicated to gospel study, because spanish is almost a distraction. Also, I want to study all Preach My Gospel a lot more. Not just chapter 3. That book is missionary scripture. Just saying. Anyways, it is weird because the North American leaders are all, "Don´t worry about the language. It will come.." While my native teachers and leaders are basically like, "You need to learn the language! It is super important!" It is, but the most important thing is to have the spirit there testifying in the lessons! So I will study the language everyday and be dedicated, but I won´t let language study get in the way of my gospel study. You gotta know it first in English before you can teach it in spanish!
Sad/funny story...last night we were teaching the latino missionaries and they were teaching us and one of the elders (who were pretending to be investigators) was trying to tell us about his little sister that died and we could not understand him so we were being all smiley and saying "Si! Si!" When we realized what he was saying we were like, "Oh! No...Lo siento, lo siento...) Super awkward. But also, kinda funny. 
Before I finish I have to tell you that I play Ultimate football well, apparently! I score most of the points because I just hang out by the goal and it is perfect! Be proud of me! Haha Love you!
Until next week,
Hermana Purse


My cute shelf!

After the temple


Hermana David drew this for me! She is amazing!



My loot! Yum!

District matching jerseys

Inca Cola! Soooo good (tastes like bubblegum) Hna. Karratti photobombing!

No comments:

Post a Comment