Hey all you beautiful people! Wow! Thank you for all the amazing letters and pictures you sent! I sure enjoyed them! Sorry if I can't respond individually, but know I always love hearing from you and seeing you. Thanks for all the great advice!
So this last week was better! I got over my little spell of homesickness :) I need to be more focused! But this week has really shown me how. :) I NEED TO HAVE MORE FAITH! If I put myself wholly in the Lord´s hands, he can make me into the missionary I need to be! Not just a hopeful faith like, I hope to learn this language, but an expectant faith that I WILL learn this language. Heavenly Father is waiting to bless us if we exercise our faith in him! "He can create of us a masterpiece, while we create a smudge. We can create man, He can create a God." (or something like that) It is from a talk called "The Fourth Missionary" by something Corbridge...? Anyways, GREAT talk.
I hope all of you are having fun on your adventures!
Here is some stuff I need to share with you about this week...
WE HAVE AN INVESTIGATOR WITH A BAPTISMAL DATE. Her name is Vanessa and we have only taught her twice, but the first time we taught her, she committed to baptism! Then the next time we got a date. She is so ready! She is 18 and going to university. Her mom is less-active and her dad is catholic so she really wants their approval before, but I know it will work out. I will keep you updated.
My comp and I are still figuring out our sector and being homeless, but it has been SO FUN to live with the sister leaders: Hermana Rassmussen and Hermana Olivares. Hna. Rassmussen is going to go to BYU-I after she gets home in October and she will still be there when I get home. We are already planning fun stuffs!
Every morning I eat two advacado sandwhiches and drink an oatmeal drink from a bag. We get it on the street :) It is so good, but it does not stick to me very long. Half-way during comp study I'm like "I need cookies!" haha
We eat lunch with Hna. Rassmussen and Olivares at their penison. The lady makes really good food, but it is way too much! Yesterday Hermana Allred and I were dying! I literally felt like I was going to throw-up if I ate any more. We don't have a pension for dinner so we just end up drinking tea and eating whatever we have...usually cookies.
Anyways, we do have somewhere to live it just needs to be finished...but we are hopefully moving intomorrow! I will send pictures!
Okay and a note about packages...they are soooo expensive to send, so really just wait until maybe halfway through my mish, which will be Christmas :) Or try a padded envelope. That might be cheaper, but there is always the risk of it getting stolen. Put Mary stickers on it, apparently they are more effective than Jesus stickers. To be safe, put both.
Until next week!
Hermana Purse
No comments:
Post a Comment