Alma 26:16

"...Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." Alma 26:16


Monday, May 12, 2014

Greetings from PUNO!

Hola everyone! My first area is Puno! For those of you who don't know where that is, look it up! It is right next to Lake Titicaca, the highest lake in the world, so that is neat. 

Here is a quick run down of this last week...
Tuesday, I left the CCM, flew to Cusco, met my Mission President and his wife. We got to go on a mini tour of the city and then went to the Mission Home where we ate some good food, had orientation, interviews and the like and then relaxed. It was nice! We even got to go to bed a little early, because we were adjusting to the elvation change and what not. About that, I wasn't super affected luckily. I had a slight headache the first day, but when I really notice is after I eat because it takes oxygen to digest food, but even then it isn't too bad! What a blessing! Especially now that I am higher than Cusco at around 13,000 or 14,000 feet in Puno! 

Wednesday, I met my trainer! Her name is Hermana Allred and she is from Orem and she knows the Millards. Small world. She is super great. She goes home in October and she speaks spanish fluently. Check out her blog:leannallred.blogspot.com. I actually followed her blog before I came. How funny. :)

Thursday, I had an 8 hour busride from Cusco to Puno. It was a super nice bus too. Huge first-class type seats. I slept most of the way. 

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday: In Puno where it is cold, dirty, and quite stressful. We are homeless for now, but we are living with another hermana companionship. Homesickness has finally hit me! Especially since Nick's wedding was on Saturday. It has been hard, not going to lie. But I am hopeful about the future! I have a lot of adjusting to do and Spanish is only one of many obstacles! My companion and I are opening up a sector(area) in Puno to Sister Missionaries! It is tough!

I hope you all have a great week! 

Hermana Purse

No comments:

Post a Comment