Hola, everybody!
Okay so last week Hna Allred and Hna Beckstead had to go to Lima again, so guess who was my companion?! ¨Hermana Hunter, my CCM sister! (and we live together too) She is the real cute blonde that looks like a model and is from Cali. Her blog is something like Hermana Hunter: Adventures in Cusco...so you can check that out! So yeah, we were without our trainers and we are about at the same level with spanish (she is better, truthfully), but it was great! We worked together for 3 1/2 days and it rocked most of the time. I got real frustrated once after a lesson with a less-active in my ward. I was like, I JUST WANT TO SPEAK TO THESE PEOPLE! It really wasn´t that bad, but I needed a chocolate bar after. Good thing they have tiendas everywhere! (They sell all the necessities from toliet paper to tea to chocolate) Spanish joke: Why did Lehi´s family not die in the wilderness? Because they lived in a tienda....(tent) haha.Okay. Yeah so this week was pretty great! And it really stretched me to speak more in Spanish. Baby steps. Baby steps out the door. Baby steps onto the elevator...Sorry I think I am on a "IT'S P-DAY" high.
What else did I want to say...Sorry, I am the worst when it comes to writing letters. OH! Hermana Allred and I teach primary now! But it is about prophets in the old testement and sometimes I am like, "Joshua? Ain´t nobody going to understand what is going on in this book. Especially the niños." We teach the 8-11 year olds, and they are little angels. I feel bad because when I am preparing I don´t really know what is going on because the Old Testement is complicated stuff. I´ll get there though. Oh, and don´t get me wrong, Joshua was a great prophet. :)
Here is some of the hot gossip today. So the Peruvian goverment was like, "Hey, Central American missionaries (the ones I am assuming are not here legally...visa and such), you have 3 days to get out of this country." So we lost one of our Zone leaders today, he will be finishing his mission in Quito, Ecuador (4 months, no más). So yeah! Crazy stuff! and then our district leader had to go fill in the gap where the other missionaries left, so we will be getting a new district leader as well. There are two options and they both are North American so now I will have a DL that speaks English! (It is just helpful when I need to order stuff from distribution)
All is well here! I mean the work is still a bit slow but it is alright :) Emily is getting baptized and so I will send pics next week. Also, Hna Hunter and I totally had to teach her the Law of Chastity while Hna Allred was gone because Emily had her interview the next day. It went really well! (thanks to the pamphlet and of course the Spirit) I was super nervous because I have never even practiced teaching that lesson and I don´t know the vocabulary for it, but it went well!
Thank you for your support and prayers!!
No comments:
Post a Comment