Alma 26:16

"...Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." Alma 26:16


Monday, June 2, 2014

I love being a Missionary!

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: ...I kinda like this missionary thing. And I kinda am starting to love Puno...BUT Spanish is my hang-up still. It is okay though! I have faith and I am working hard to learn! Entonces...yay. This last week was pretty good :)

It started out with me being in a tri-panionship because Hermana Allred and the companions of Hnas Olivares and Hunter, had to go to Lima and then Ecuador to be able to stay in the country until they leave in October and December. It is kinda sneaky...they just had to have proof they left the country for a bit and then they pay for 180 more days in the Peru. So my mission mama was gone for a few days and I moved my bed into the other Hermana's rooms and we had a gran' ole time! 

After Hna Allred got back we had some great things happen! Our ward is super awesome, I think have mentioned this before, but really they are, and they are great about giving referrals! All of our investigators that are progressing have some connection with members. It makes things a lot better. We had some really solid Restoration lessons! One of them was especially powerful and while Hermana Allred was teaching, the Holy Ghost was testifying to me the truthfulness of her words! It was powerful! I will give you a better update next week about our investigators, but we have the expectant faith that there will be baptisms in a few weeks. :) 

Also, apparently there were some members we were visiting that are less-active, but we didn't know because they have been coming to church since we have been visiting them! One man hadn't been in 14 years and we didn't know that, we just went to teach him a lesson and then he gave us a referrel for his 16 year-old daughter who isn't a member and we taught her and they BOTH came to church yesterday! The elders were like: what? He hasn't been to church in 14 years and we were like: REALLY? haha we had no idea. So we are just reactivating people. It is great :)

I LOVE MY LUNCH PENSION. I eat as much as a man, but it is because I am soooo hungry ALL the time. I think it is a combination of the cold and the elevation...We will just say it is that. Starting this month we will be eating dinner with the pension in our house who we also have been eating breakfast with (different pension than lunch) so no more cookies and oatmeal and trix with drinkable yogurt for dinner! I will probably still buy cookies though. Oreos are just as good here...

I am out of time! Have a great week!

With love, 

Hermana Purse

Letter to the Mission President:


President Harbertson,

We had quite a good week this week. Several solid lessons WITH a member. Also, two of our investigators came to church yesterday! One of them even said he wasn't going to! I guess the spirit was working on him. :) Also, his wife, because she is a member. 

I am really starting to love it here! I am growing to love being a missionary! Not that I didn't before, but it was just more difficult. I am trying to crack down on Spanish. That is my biggest hang-up, but I have greater faith that it will come. I can recognize that Heavenly Father is really blessing me! 

Our ward is so great! They are very helpful and willing to come to lessons with us. We are really blessed. 

I am looking forward to what will happen with our progressing investigators! Also, the reactivation of less-actives. We have been having some great lessons with less-actives as well. We found a lady that got baptized 14 years ago, but after her baptism she was kinda left hanging by the members and missionaries so she regressed back into Catholicism. We had a great lesson with her and she said she will come to church with us!

Entonces, things are good. :) 

I hope all is well with you and your family. Have a good week!

Hermana Purse
























No comments:

Post a Comment