Alma 26:16

"...Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." Alma 26:16


Monday, July 21, 2014

To My Home Ward

(Written to my home ward :) )

Hola, Hibbard 2nd Ward Family! I hope this letter finds you all well! Greetings from Peru!

Right now I am serving in Puno, Peru right next to Lake Titicaca, the highest lake in the world! When I first learned about Lake Titicaca years ago in school, never would I have ever imagined that I would be living next to it someday! I have really been enjoying my time here in Puno. 

I had a neat experience last week. You are probably aware that while it is summer in the Northern Hemisphere in is winter for us south of the equator and this last week was particularly cold and cloudy here in Puno. One day my companion and I were knocking on the door of our next appointment when a women walked past, we smiled and said good afternoon. Her reply was: "All for the love of God. If you didn't love Him, you would be home with your families." Then she just kept walking. Whatever feelings my companion and I were feeling before, they were instantly lightened. It was such a simple thing for this woman to say, but in that moment I think we really needed it. If people ever say something to us in passing, it usually isn't very nice, so it was refreshing to have this kind reassurance of our work from a complete stranger. 

Also, what this woman said really made me think. I know I have a Heavenly Father and I love Him and because of that love I have for Him, I am out here to serve Him. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that only through Him will I be able to make it back to live with my Heavenly Father again. So as missionaries, we are out here because of this love we have for our Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ. This love then extends to the people we are serving. I have loved studying about charity recently and what I have learned is that it is a Christlike attribute that is absolutely necessary for each one of us. Charity is a gift from God and a gift we can pray for. This knowledge has helped me immensely on my mission. Sometimes people are cold and reject our message, they have their agency, but all we can do is love them. Never underestimate the impact a simple act of kindness and love can have on a persons life! 

I want to end with my testimony that Jesus Christ is our Savior and He loves us! He suffered for all of us so that we don't have to suffer. Let us all try to be more like the Savior everyday! Only through Him can we find peace and happiness in this life! 

Thank you for your continued prayers and support!

Con amor, Hermana Purse













No comments:

Post a Comment