UPDATE: still alive, still working hard, lots of mosquito bites, spanish....ah, mas o menos, I want to write you letters but I am dead tired EVERY night. I learned that if I take a nap from 9:30pm to 10pm from 10pm to 10:30pm I can accomplish some stuff....some. Anyways, Last week was cray cray. For reals. But it was good. Time is moving...slow? Fast? not sure haha. I will have 5 months on the 25th...that is cool. Things are good. Still don't know the sector and people very well, so sometimes I feel a little useless, but I will get there! I mean, I owned Victoria basically. Haha no I just knew it real well. Patibamba will not get the best of me! Thinking about making you guys proud keeps me motivated! Thank you for your support and love! IT MEANS THE WORLD! oxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
Con muchisimo amor,
Hermanita Purse
1- "Far over the misty mountains cold..." :)
2- So we did some service this last Saturday. Gained some confidence with the workers...still not sure what they are actually working on, but I spent 2 hours hauling dirt and rocks ;) Twas fun. The fruits of our labors? We taught the workers this morning during their break. We went in thinking it would be Book of Mormon Missionary status...you know, thousands of baptisms and all that. Haha it was a little more awkward and we really only ended up teaching a handful of people. A lady gave us potatoes and cheese though. Bonus! :)
3-The family that my comp and her old companion were teaching before I got here got baptized Saturday! We weren't planning on that, but we found out last Monday night that that was the only time the husband could get baptized before leaving to work for 20 days. They are the best! Tania, Plimio, and their son Alex (8) were baptized and there is Yasumi. Ah, too great. :)
4&5- Yesterday we ate cuy!! (guinea pig) Not my favorite...but not horrible. haha Our pensionista's family was laughing at us because we were saying, "No really it's good...it is just kinda sad because we had pet guinea pigs..." but hey I finally ate cuy. Check that off the list :)
No comments:
Post a Comment