Okay, so I have had a good week, it has had it difficulties, but overall has been really good.
First of all, I did not think I was going to miss Puno so much, but last Thursday or so I was all, "Oh! Puno is the best. I loved it there. I am excited to go back someday." I remember my first days in Puno and not being impressed at all! Later, of course, I grew to love it and it was weird because last week I kinda missed it like I miss my home sometimes. But Abancay is so great! The youth are always going on visits with us! It is BEAUTIFUL and the weather is great! We have lots of people to teach. I mean wow, I love it here already! And I feel like a missionary! That may sound weird, but I think is has a lot to do with the palm trees and mountains that surround us, it just kinda makes me feel like a "South American" missionary. That sort of enviorment or something. Haha it is silly, but yeah.
Secondly, my companion is amazing! I have already learned so much from her. She is a rock. She is confident with her spanish even though she has only one more transfer than me. And she is really good (it is hard not to compare myself to her at times...) But really, if this companionship can help me become as awesome as a missionary as she is, I shall be very happy!
We are working hard! Running around all over, reactivating people, getting members involved, teaching lessons, and speaking as much spanish as we can. We are striving to be exactly obedient and I have recognized the spirit that is with us and helping us in every moment. It is great. I feel great and hopeful for the future!
.....
Oh no, haha where does the time go? Okay so Abancay is GREAT. Loving it. In the afternoons it get real hot though. The climate is a lot like Rexburg during the summer. It cools off at night so that is great. There are huge mountains surrounding us!
I have noticed the spirit a lot more in my life as my comp and I have been striving to be super obedient! Not that I wasn't obedient before, because Hna. Allred and I were, just now it is like exact...haha I don't know how to explain. I also can say a lot more than I thought I could so that is fun. Hna Essig is my new compy, and her spanish is already really good! Hopefully I can get to the point that she is at at the end of this transfer. I have a lot of hope! I need to be more patient and trust in the Lord more!
Our room is great! I have a floor and toliet seat and there is a mini fridge...what? Haha now I can properly store my yogurt and other items.
We have been working really hard and yesterday before church, we ran around everywhere to round up people. It was funny. My comp is a super hard worker. Oh and the people here are so nice! For reals. We get called "mamacita lindas!" A lot more than I did in Puno. Also, people just call eachother mama and papa. haha it is fun.
I love you all a lot! Thank you for everything. Oh, could you maybe send me a yoga DVD or something? I need more options as far as working out goes. If you send a couple dvds by themselves in a envelope I think they would get here fast and cheaply! Okay love you thank you!!!
oxoxox
Hermana Purse
No comments:
Post a Comment