Alma 26:16

"...Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." Alma 26:16


Monday, September 22, 2014

A Great Week

Primero, my letter to President:

"President Harbertson,

Okay, so last week was probably my best week in the mission yet! Hermana Sawyer and I witnessed SO many miracles, we met a lot of new people, and well, we just worked hard and loved it. Obviously, not everyday was perfect, but it still went really well. We walked all day one day, from house to house with no one being home and after that day we were really tired. Then the next few days we amazingly had lessons almost every hour. We are contacting families, being obedient, treating the area book like the treasure that it is and well, everyday was fullfilling. Also, Hermana Sawyer and I are getting along swimmingly. She is teaching me that it is okay that I am not perfect now. I am who Heavenly Father needs me to be right now and if I am doing my best that is enough. I have all these wise quotes that I wrote down from her in my agenda. She is great. Does she really have to go home? :)

Something funny, yesterday Hermana Sawyer was asked to give a spontaneous talk in Sacrament Meeting (President looked at me first, then reconsidered and asked her. haha). Anyways, afterwards we were talking to our mission leader and he said, "Now we have an hermana that speaks a lot of spanish and an hermana that speaks a little." I just smiled and told him thank you, because I was happy in that moment and I am happy right now and I know I will get there if I keep doing what I should! I just need to have more confidence in my abilities. 

Well I hope you have a great week! I look forward to reading your letter!

Hermana Purse"

Okay but seriously this week was really great! Our numbers for last week were way above our goals. We are talking to more people and getting more investigators. I am really feeling good...well I might have eaten somthing funky at lunch...eh. haha

Every night during planning we listen to the song "Hallelujah" by Canadian Tenors at least twice. We talk in english a lot and we like to eat jam on crakcers...oops But we are working hard and getting a long. I am working on trying to be more confident and all that jazz, but I will get there. 

Being a missionary is such a privilage! I can see Heavenly Father's hand in my life everyday! It is amazing! I still struggle with feelings of discouragement and inadequecy, but I know Heavenly Father is on my side and that keeps me going.

I love you all so much! YOU ARE THE BEST FAMILY EVER! oxoxoxox
Con amor, Hermana Purse

Pics: 
1-The children and I
2-Peru flag in sunburn form :)
3-How I study. Haha not really. This morning I was just demonstrating to Hna Sawyer how I would sometimes study at home.




1 comment:

  1. I love you so much! But I cannot get my googles to go through! Oh dear oh dear!!
    I just got a new hip and wowsers it hurts!! But it will be worth it!! No fear--right??
    Tu es muy amazing Becca! I miss you soooo much. You are doing such an incredible thing right now.
    Your daddy came to see me and it was just so-so wonderful! Grammy was here too. We cannot wait for each message!! Your work is so important! I am certainly reading--just having a hard time writing. Haha.

    Anyway- keep up the good work and I will do my rehab!

    I love you kumquat!

    Auntie Mo

    ReplyDelete