Alma 26:16

"...Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." Alma 26:16


Monday, December 22, 2014

Hoy es Navidad!


So this morning we got a surprise! We got to watch "Ephraim's Rescue" as a zone! It was really good and moving and all that good stuff. I understand a little better why we can't watch movies as missionaries, for me it just makes me want to watch more movies! haha but also I feel really awkward watching people dance and kiss and stuff. haha I will need a Jane Austen movie cleasne when I get home to feel normal about movies again. I'm not complaining! Oh, but another thing. Ephraim, the main guy, has this joke about plural marriage and it is pretty funny. He says, "You know what's the worst part about multiple wives?....Multiple mother-in-laws." Anyways....it is a good tear jerker too. Like 17 Miracles.
Speaking of Jane Austen, my comp likes it when I re-tell movies and books that I have read. This week I retold, Jane Eyre, Rebecca, Emma, and a retelling of Beauty and the Beast called the Merchants Daughter. I have already retold multiple others, like the Hunger Games and the Hobbit even World War Z! haha I love books and movies SO MUCH. Also, she is the first person who has heard the whole plot of one of the stories I want to write.Telling it to someone made it even more real to me that I could write it someday! She thinks I have a gift. :)
 I am even starting to crack jokes in Spanish! I always think, "how would Nick say this, what would he say?" Haha it helps that I come from a joke-cracking family. Well we had just finished lunch at the bishop's (btw, we pension there breakfast, lunch and dinner) and we were talking about the old movie of Rudolf the Red-nosed reindeer. I told them about when mom told me Santa wasn't real and I was crying and crying and to comfort me, mom had me watch Rudolf. They were all laughing at this when I said, "I was 15." They all busted up and me too and I said "Broma! (Just kidding!)" haha when we left the house they we still laughing. I like making people laugh. :)
Anyways, I know I didn't really mention missionary work, but the truth is our sector has hit rock bottom! We are keeping high spirits and are just keeping on keeping on!
Well I love you all so much! we will talk more Thursday!
oxooxox Hermana Purse

2 comments:

  1. Hermana Becs- you have FAR surpassed Nick in the funny department! I love him dearly and he is a hoot--but you my dear are hysterical! I will never forget that night in the room at Kaiti Kat's reception.
    You are truly a LIGHT for your sister companions. You are an amazing child of God! You are doing such a great job and we are ALL so proud of you!
    Maddie is here for Christmas and she sends her love. You will always be her most beloved cousin.
    Words cannot express my love for you.
    Ahhhh Jane Austen--Magic! I hold you in my heart, I pray for you always, I will be at your Homecoming.
    Your daddy came to be with Grammy and me for my Hip Replacement. I have a brand new shiny hip!!!! We will make a movie when I see you. But for now you are on the Lord's errand and I am so happy for you!!!!
    Con Mucho Amor- Tia Mollie

    ReplyDelete
  2. ¡Hola Becs! Como Estas? Yo soy muy bueno, pero soy cansada.
    I miss you bunches but I have great respect for the work that you are doing.
    Mi Hermano y su papa sent me a gift for Valentine's Day which was super Suhweet !!
    I pray that my posting finds you well and happy. I think about you DAILY and keep you in my prayers. You are a special child of God and you are loved dearly.
    You are BELOVED and missed by us all.
    Take care and eat well. Work hard-but rest well.
    I love you madly- Auntie Mo

    ReplyDelete