So I actually planned a little bit about what I am going to write about today! Yay! Sorry about last week's email, I realized after sending it that it might have sounded a little trunky,which for your info is not a thing that is happening. I may be getting to the frayed ends of rope physically and emotionally speaking,but I shall give it my all these last 6 weeks! (isn't that crazy? I am in my last transfer) Sometimes I just walk weird because my feet and ankles hurt and sometimes I fall asleep when we read the Book of Mormon with an old couple in our ward. I always wake up when it is my turn to read though...and they don't notice. haha Mom and Dad, we will go visit them because they are so precious. Anyways..missionary confessions.
Here are some other random topics before we get to the real stuff.
Mom, thank you for the article you sent me, I was laughing to the point of tears. haha,oh dear mother, you know me so well :)
Dad,to answer your questions...working with the elders is interesting at times, fun at others,and sometimes frustrating. But mostly they are great. Their new "cool" thing to do is to not conjugate the verbs in spanish. "Yo querer comer...Ya subir...no me gustar." It is so silly and immature but it gets me laughing every time. They are good kids. haha And I am the senior comp....but my comp has 10 months in the mish,so that doesn't really mean much. We work as equals :) Speaking of my comp, we are perfecting our Spanglish...we set the goal to talk more in spanish. We will be better this change.
Also, don't freak out, but there are a lot of drunk men in our sector and they absolutely love my companion! It is pretty funny and they always talk to her, but I am not complaining.:)
That's all about that, let us talk about investigators! So we definitely have had our ups and downs but we had an excellent lesson about the Plan of Salvation with Robert and Glena last night. We are working hard with them and we won't give up. If they can just keep their commitments, they are there! We have a wonderful young couple (and adorable baby girl) fellowshipping them, The dad is an RM and really helps Roberth think about things. We are so grateful for their help! Sometimes I get frustrated when people just don't get it, but I remember the talk "Missionary Work and the Atonement" by Elder Holland and what he says about Salvation not being a cheap experience. It is so true, we have to work so hard to help these people understand, but is it worth it? YES it most surely is. So keep them in your prayers please.
We have another investigator, Erika, the one that is adorable and pregnant and she has decided to get married at the end of this month! and she came to church for the first time yesterday! ...only thing is that we never can meet with her boyfriend, but now that they have decided to get married we are going to catch him somehow or other! Pray for us and for them! Erika and Yubal. (its pronounced Jew-ball) So things are looking good there.
Yesterday we had a marvelous stake conference. Elder Godoy from the Seventy was present and another Seventy,but his name escapes me... Presdient Harbertson gave a wonderful talk about how we can be good,but not obedient and obedience is what matters! For example, someone can be a smoker and still be a good person, but they are not obedient. A couple can be living together without being married and still be good people,but they are not obedient. and obedience is what God asks of us! "If ye love me, keep my commandments." He didn't say, "Just be good people." Obedience is the first law of heaven and this all reminds me of what Elder Uceda said in a conference with us a couple weeks ago (actually his wife said it first) "There are no disobedient gods in the universe." So just ponder that for a moment and think about the Plan of Salvation and our eternal destiny as children of God. I would go more into it, but I am running out of time and have to be obedient with exactness! "Obedience brings blessing,but being exactly obedient brings miracles!" Well that is at least what I am striving for.
Love you all LOTS! oxoxoxox
Hermana Purse
1)Comps :)
2) Cusco! you can see the runway in the background
No comments:
Post a Comment