Well this morning I found out that I am heading back to Puno! If you remember, I started my mission in Puno then came to Abancay paradise. Well I only had three months here and I am going back to the cold! I love Puno though, so I am excited. I am just sad because I LOVE ABANCAY! And things were really looking up with investigators here. Oh well, I am called where the Lord wants me to go. Also, I will (finally) have my first Latina companion. It has been really fun to be with gringas for 7 months, but I know my language skills will progress even more with a native spanish speaker. :)
Oh also, I will be in a different Stake than I was in before in Puno, but I think I will run into my old Pension and my convert at some point, so that is exciting! Looks like I will be spending Christmas next to Lake Titicaca!
Well I hope you all are doing well! Being a missionary is hard work, but so WORTH it. I am learning and growing so much! I am so grateful I have this time to dedicate myself to building the Lord's kingdom!
Have a GREAT week!
Con cariƱo, Hermana Purse
p.s. My area is Huascar and it is in the Stake Bellavista. You can look it up on lds.org. Yay to no mosquitos or other bugs!
Well I already sent an email about transfers so yeah...how crazy is that though?
Well I already sent an email about transfers so yeah...how crazy is that though?
Suicidal girl came back! She is just super grumpy and stuff but she is alive! It was really a blessing that that could be figured out before Hna Sawyer left.
Hna Sawyer will be home Wednesday! How crazy! I miss her. She is so amazing and we are totally being best friends after the mish too. It was a little hard "killing" her, as it made me think about how much time I have left...The mission has it is own language. I was "born" in Puno and my "mom" was Hna Allred. When someone is companions with a missionary that is ending their mission they are "killing" them. When a missionary ends their mission, they "die". Haha is kinda bad because we talk like this normally, "Elder so-and-so ya murio?...Ella va a morir en Puno?"...etc. People probably don't know what to think. So if I ever talk like that, don't be alarmed. haha
I love you people so much! Did you guys know that missions are sooo hard? haha sometimes I think I am going crazy. Its good its good. I am glad that I still have my awkward/nerdly/weird personality after 7 months. I feel more refined though. I definitely have a stronger testimony and I am more confident. We shall see where the next 11 months take me:)
It is such a blessing to be the Lord's servant! There is NOTHING more important than living this gospel. NOTHING. We HAVE to put God and Christ FIRST in our lives if we are going to make it through these times. The second coming is real and it is coming. We have got to be prepared! Organize your priorities and make sure Doing the will of God is at the top of the list! I know you guys are awesome. I just want you to know I am serious. :)
LOVE YOU! I hope you have a GREAT week! Pray for me!
Con mucho amor, Hermana Purse
No comments:
Post a Comment