"Ouch! Leaving Abancay was really hard. I love that place so much. And the people. I am a little homesick for Patibamba, but I will be fine. :) It is interesting because I remember praying fervently in my first transfer there to love the people. Well Heavenly Father answers prayers and I know he will do the same with Huascar.
Huascar is really beautiful! And my companion is GREAT. Why am I so blessed? It is great speaking in Spanish 24/7. (I probably should've have been doing that before...) I mean I can't speak perfectly, but I can express myself pretty well! Also, I gave a talk on Sunday and the Bishop complimented my spanish and last night, a less-active said I spoke fluidly. Woo! There is hope for me! I still have a lot to learn, but I am happy that I can communicate now.
So I had a neat experience yesterday. I ran into one of the girls from my group in Cusco last week and she told me that she is thinking about going home a bit early to start up school again. I had kind of thought about this before, but I had forgotten about it for awhile. I was stressed out because I wasn't quite sure what to do. My university starts about 2 weeks before I go home, and it would be super nice to go to school next fall and avoid post-mission-I have nothing to do-depression. So I was weighing my options and planing on consulting you and my parents about the matter today. Meanwhile, I was praying, but I was afraid of what the answer would be, either way. Well, I was doing a journal, prayer, conversation thing with Heavenly Father and He told me no! It was super direct, but I got my answer. That kind of thing usually never happens to me, but I am glad it did."
Yeah, actually I am a lot homesick for Abancay, which makes me homesick for you all, so pray for me! I may have 7 months but it doesn't dull the ache to be with my fam fam. It is just unatural to be without family. Don't worry, I will be fine when I make a connection with the people here. :)
Anyways, Huascar is beautiful and my comp is great and we live in this huge empty house with an 86 year-old lady. Down side: there is only water in the early mornings. It makes things difficult. Also, my pension is skeptical of North Americans. I think she is warming up to me because I eat all her food and I love their dog. Also, I express interest in her handicrafts. Classic. But yeah, things are moving along. I feel more confident and friendly. My compy is super sweet! We get on swell. :) We shall build confidence together and conquer this sector!
A few funny news bullets:
- I ate straight up FRIED CHEESE for lunch Saturday. What the heck Peru? haha
Actually, there was just one...
haha
oxoxoxox
Hermanita Purse
No comments:
Post a Comment