Alma 26:16

"...Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." Alma 26:16


Monday, November 17, 2014

Hola from Hermana Purse

I am going to talk about a lot of random things today. Okay! here we go...

I get to help out with Operation Smile this week! Nat, this reminded me of you :) I am not sure what we will be doing but...service is fun! I will take pictures to send them to you.

We are going to have a conference with a GA :) Elder Evans. I have a feeling this week will go by FAST. Ah 2 more weeks till changes. Time literally is flying.

Our abuelita (old lady we live with) has very small Christmas tree we can put in our room! I am going to get started decorating it. Kaiti already has her´s up (super early, no?) just kidding it is beautiful Kip!


I ALMOST GOT EATEN BY A DOG. Okay, so I've always been the companion that is not afraid of dogs. While my companions cross to the other side of the street to avoid dogs I just chuckle and follow them. BUT I am scared when they openly start attacking us. This has happened very few times in my mission, but the worst was last week. So we were walking in an alley type thing, houses on one side and a rock wall on the other and there was a dog sitting in our path about 15 feet ahead of us. I had a feeling to stop walking and I eyed the dog cautiously ( I was in front of my compy). All the sudden it jumped up and started attacking me! Both the fight and flight responses were running through my head and I didnt know what to do because if I bent down to pick up a rock it would attack my head. Meanwhile I was trying to scale this rock wall. All I saw were huge teeth and angry eyes. I don't know how, but we both ended up running out of the alley and it chased us! We didn't get bit luckily, but I got a wee scratch on my arm from trying to climb the rock wall. Anyways, when we were in the clear, we were just laughing and laughing we tried walking down a hill but we couldn't because our legs were shaking. haha oh mission times. Oh, but I still love dogs.

Okay, one more thing before I go. Hermana Sawyer (Rebecca Janette Sawyer...be friends on FB! lol) she reminded me of something important. She told me about a quote that said, more or less, "Courage is not having fear. Courage is having fear, but facing it anyways." Something like that. Anyways, according to this I have courage! Yay! I am doing all the things that scare me. Coming on a mission scared me, and well look. I am almost 8 months in and I can speak a different language. I can help people realize their divine worth as a child of God. so Yay! I am accomplishing something, and the more I give my will to the Lord, the more He will make out of me. :)

Hey fam, I love you lots. READ the scriptures. PRAY all the time. ATTEND church every week and the temple regularly. We will find peace and pure joy in our lives when we do these things.

Just keeping it real here in Peru  :)
 oxoxxoxxo LOVE YOU!

Hermanita Purse

No comments:

Post a Comment