So today I am happy. I feel GOOD. I had some great teaching experiences last week. It will never cease to amaze me how Heavenly allows me to feel His love for His children. It is SO beautiful. Sometimes I want to cry of happiness. I want to cry because the Book of Mormon is SO true and is SO the WORD of GOD. I just finished 2 Nefi in my Libro de Mormon. Nephi is such a powerful teacher. I love his testimony in the last chapters of 2 Nephi. Review them because they rock.
This gospel is so true! A lot of people have problems with the church because of something someone may or may not have done. Well if we are true followers of Christ that won't be a problem for us. We worship HIM. We follow HIM. We are in HIS church. It doesn't matter what other people think or say, our testimony should be anchored in HIM. I don't know, I just have this burning that I never have felt before and it was brought on by an interesting experience my companion and I had Saturday night.
We received a reference to teach a less-active's cousin. We arrived at the appointment with a RM (sister) accompanying us as well. Turns out there was another cousin there, so there were two. Let's call them Bob and Billy (super Peruvian right?) Billy was the one we originally had the appt. with and Bob was the random other cousin that we weren't expecting. Both are young men. Anyways, entering the house I felt something was off. During the opening prayer I found myself praying personally to be led be the spirit. The lesson commenced normally, but I just felt weird. We tried to include Bob in the lesson as well, but he refused and simply said he was there to accompany Billy. Well, Bob sat quietly listening for the majority of the lesson before he piped up. He asked us about our conversion stories, how much we knew about the church, and how long we had been members. Just talking to him made us both feel bad. He told us that he had studied a lot about the church, recieved all the lessons and read the Book of Mormon.He asked us if we knew who a certain man from church history was. We had never heard the name and he told us that no missionary had ever known who it was and that apparently the church was hideing informatin about this man. Well, the RM we were with wisely asked if an answer to his question would help him spiritually. He obviously answered no. We told him that the next lesson we would teach about Joseph Smith and he could participate if he liked. Also, the RM told him that she would search in CHURCH AUTHORIZED sites to find out about this man and try to give him an answer the next week. Well we left and I felt BAD. I felt like someone had punched me in the stomach or something. He had a bad spirit. He had a spirit of contention and he wanted to make us stumble, but we didn't fall for his trap.
So after this experience, even though I didn't contend, my defenses were up and I could see my testimony before me. I saw it and I saw that it was strong. It is simple. I know Jesus is the Christ. That He is my Savior and that I follow Him. I know He calls prophets and therefore I will follow His choosen servants here on the earth. I know that we are imperfect humans. The Savior is perfect and His Church is perfect, but we, the members, are not perfect. That is why we have to utilize the atonement and strive everyday to be better. I know that these things are true. I know that if we seek truth and happiness, we will find it. If we seek the bad, we will also find it. We will obtain the desires of our hearts. That is why it is so important that we FEAST on the words of Christ. "For the words of Christ persuade men to do good." Also, if we want to know something, we have to go directly to the Lord, who knows ALL things.
Anyways, I just had to get that out there. I am healthly, happy, and safe! Love you all so much!
oxoxox
Hermana Purse
Becca--that was so beautiful! I choose to follow Christ. Your testimony is perfect. It helped me tonight. My sweet niece, you are so intelligent and
ReplyDeleteI love you so very much. I will always remember your "fiery" testimony!! God Bless and keep safe sweetie- Auntie Mo
ReplyDeleteMi sobrina, tu es tan inteligente y guapa. I really think that you are so terrific! I miss you. I admire the work that you've done.
ReplyDelete¡Tan Fantastica! All is well with the Carman's. I've had two big surgeries in 2014-at the beginning and the end. Your daddy came to be with me for the second one ; ) he got through his really well and I got through mine. We are both very BLESSED!!
I am so excited about SPRING!! What is the weather like in Peru? I hope it's warm, but not hot. I'm just so excited for you. You will always have these wonderful memories! I'm so excited to hear all about it in person!!
Well--I never know what to write. Oh--I had to re-home my mini-dachshund because he was mean to my granddaughters. It was really hard for me so Uncle Bill bought me a puppy! She is a Cavalier Spaniel/Shih Tzu and so so so sweet!! Her name is Lucy and she is very smart!! I adore her.
This keeps malfunctioning. Anyway- I love you!!
ReplyDeleteAuntie Mo