Alma 26:16

"...Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." Alma 26:16


Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Year!

Hey I hope you all had a great New Years! I was thinking about the things we usually do on New Years....Mexican Fiesta with the Nygrens and we didn't do this last year, but for a few years we watched "Tombstone." classic. Also, skiing. Good times, good times. Well I hope it was enjoyable. No one was home so we did a whole lot of walking. No one was in the street either, so contacting...no. My companion and I were so tired that we went to bed at 9:50 on the 31st and I vaguely remember being awakened by crazy fireworks at midnight (they go ALL out and it is like there is a war going on outside). I was so tired that I just kept sleeping, plus I saw the fireworks they did at Christmas so its all good.

Oh, funny story. So the Sunday before New Years we were in ward counsel and everyone was animatedly talking about the end of year stake party and what they were going to bring as far as food. Well, as missionaries we were just awkwardly listening to everything, and occasionally putting in, "if you need help, we will help" stuff like that. Mostly we were being ignored over all the talk. Well I decided to raise my pen in the air slowly to ask a question (awkward Becca-style), well the Bishop noticed and said, "Everyone listen, Hermana Purse wants to say something." Then I said, "So, we can't go to the party, but can we still eat the food?" Everyone started laughing and assured us yes. Haha. So we got to eat chicken and potatoes on New Years! 

Also, other funny random thing. Sometimes we listen to Kt and Rach sing "For Good" and this morning it came on and my comp said, "She said, 'I am constipated´'!" I replied, "No, she said 'I'm limited..'" haha She didn't believe me and so we listened to it again and she decided, "Well it sounds a lot like constipated." I was laughing pretty hard. This girl. I am both amused and ashamed at the english volcabulary she has learned with me. 

Anyways, missionary time! So we have started an activity centered on the Book of Mormon  for investigators, less-actives, and members. Really anyone who wants to join in on the fun can come. We are starting out with small numbers, but we have a great time! We played Jeopardy in the last activity with a lot of random facts about the Book of Mormon, I felt kinda bad because the questions were kind of hard. (written by missionaries and all) But our investigator Jhoel came! he is not convinced that Jesus was actually the Son of God, but we still have hope for him and he is still letting us visit him, so that is good. He told us he wont come to Church until he is sure that Jesus is the Christ. We had him read 2 Nephi 28-33 and after he said, "It was pretty harsh. It basically says that if we don't believe in Christ we will be condemed, right?" Hermana Burgos and I looked at eachother then replied, "Uh....yeah." But we then explained that is not really a choice between condemnation or no, but rather if we want to enjoy the love, joy, and peace that believing in Christ and following Him brings, or not. (better perspective) Anyways, maybe one day when Jhoel is baptized, he will think back on how hard he made it for the missionaries and smile. :) I hope this is the case.

I finished the BOM in spanish the 31st, reaching my goal! Woo. Now I am reading it again in English! it is the BEST. :)

AHHHHHH. Transfers are next week! I will let you know my fate. They are always so unpredictable, but I really want to stay here in Huascar. I love it and all the hills we have to climb daily. We shall see :)

I love you all so much! Happy Birthday to the best mom in the world, yesterday! We all love you so much!!! 

oxooxoxoxox
until next week,

Hermana Purse

No comments:

Post a Comment