Alma 26:16

"...Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." Alma 26:16


Monday, January 19, 2015

Transferred!

" What we do is nothing but a drop in the ocean, but if we didn't do it, the ocean would be one drop less than it is." -Mother Teresa 

This is now my theme! I love this quote. Everything we do makes a little difference!

Okay so, I was stressed last Monday, I apologize, but wow. My transfer to Andahuaylas couldn't have been better. Once I got to Cusco I got to see and talk to my old comp Hna Essig. It was the BEST! And I couldn't stop grinning. I got to eat pizza! Papa Johns! Oh Cusco, it has the goods. There is a Chillis there too. I will eat there one day :)

So I had a little stop-over in Abancay on the way to Andahuaylas and I got to stop by my old Pensionista and eat lunch! It was great to see her and her fam again! Not in a prideful way, but they love me so much. It is really sweet  :) As Andahuaylas is 3 hours away, they are determined to visit me some day. That kinda stresses me out. ahaha

Okay, so the ride from Abancay to Andahuaylas was soooooo GORGEOUS. I was on top of mountains the whole time. So beautiful. I was so love with the trip that I forgot to take pics. haha but I will be heading to Abancay in 2 weeks for a conference so I will try to take some!

Andahuaylas is GREAT! So beautiful! It is a good-sized city, but only has 3 small branches. I am in the biggest and I thought my other areas were big, well this one is huge! I am so lost! haha but my comp knows her way around luckily :)

My companion is Hna. Girón from El Salvador. She is great as well, we like to talk a lot! We are both smiley, happy people and we have a good time :)

We live above a restaurant owned by a young couple of members that gives us pension. It is the best! The food is so so so good. I will probably gain weight :)

My comp told me this morning that I was sleep talking in spanish! Yay! I am dreaming in Spanish! Does that mean I am fluent...? :) haha

Okay listen up, do you remember Alvaro? The investigator that I was teaching the whole time in Abancay and finally started coming to Church after fasting for strength to have courage and not be afraid of his family? Well he was on the fast track to baptism when Ieft Abancay and I was so sad, because I though forsure I would see his baptism. Well I fould out he got baptized and is doing so well! he is counselor in Young Men's in my old branch. I almost cried when I found out! I am soooooooo HAPPY! I wasn't there, but ALVARO GOT BAPTIZED! I feel so grateful that I had the opportunity to introduce the gospel to him with Hna. Essig and then Hna. Sawyer. I mean wow! So this is what this feels like? So good.

Anyways, just know that I am happy, healthly and safe! Things are looking good here in Andahuaylas. The Lord ALWAYS knows best.

Love you all so much! Thank you for your prayers and support! oxooxoxoxoxxo

con amor, Hermana Purse


Pics:
1-One goodbye in Huascar. He is the same age as Wes and soooo cute. He brought out all his toys and gave them to me :)
2- Andahuaylas. I am in a beautiful valley.
3-  Adios Puno (for now). Too bad it was nighttime.




No comments:

Post a Comment