Alma 26:16

"...Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." Alma 26:16


Monday, February 16, 2015

HOLA!!!

Mi querida familia!!! 

I received a flood of awesome emails today! I am so excited to read them!! I feel the love you send my way for real! Thank you so much! I cannot say it enough!

I am emailing late because we had a fun Zone P-day. Seriously an adventure that I will not forget. First of all, you should look up pictures of "panays" (I hope there aren't bad pics...) We hiked around in a jungle, got chased by a panay and played in a small waterfall and got soaked. Good times. Also, the Elders crossed over a raging river on a fallen tree trunk. Not super smart, but son elderes, pues. haha But it was fun! Peru is absolutely beautiful!  I am having some good times :) (btw: "panay" means sister in Quechua, the native language here. I need to learn it, but it is so strange and I am still working on Spanish) 


Well, I do not have much to report about this last week because basically all of our appointments fell through. We got contacted by a missionary from a different religion. He read us "For God so loved the world..." and a bit more about Jesus Christ. We think he didn't think we didn't believe in Christ. We listened kindly, testified that Jesus Christ is our Savior and gave him a pamphlet of the gospel of Jesus Christ. It was awesome! He has so much courage to chase us down yelling, "THE WORD OF GOD! THE WORD OF GOD!" And he is alone. I have respect for what he is doing.

We are still going forward with Fisher's baptism this week! I have faith that it WILL take place! Pray for us!

I am going to tell you about my little family here in Andahuayles. Firstly, I love them. We eat with a family of 3, Raul( dad, 30), Sheyla (mom, 28), and Helen( daughter, 10). I always think, "If only my family could meet them!" They are so great and I feel so blessed they are a part of my life at this time. 

Well, I am running out of things to say, I am going to write President right now, so maybe I will pass that along a bit later!

LOVE YOU ALL SOOOOO MUCH!

oxoxoxoxoxox

Hermanita Purse

Letter to Pres:

President!

Everyday I feel like I am learning more and more. Well, basically all of our appointments fell through this last week, but we had some quality time to contact families, so that is good!

Being here in Peru truly has opened and still is opening my eyes to how incredibly blessed I am! Last night we were teaching a family that had been recently re-activated. They live, (with there 4 children) in two small rooms and struggle to keep up with paying the rent for the stores they work out of. Basically, they are having some serious financial difficulties and while the dad still holds on to his faith, the mom is very discouraged. She wonders why they have all the problems they do if they are trying to come back to church. As she talked about how she feels, my heart broke.  I have learned a lot from situations similar to this and one of the things is that life can be so hard! BUT the only thing that can really keep us going is our faith. I feel incredibly blessed to have the gospel, my family, and I will be honest, to be from the U.S. My companion and I will be with this family to keep them motivated. It remined me of the mormon message about the young father whose car breaks down twice and he has to walk and get help. I can hear the words of Elder Holland saying, "Keep walking...there is help ahead." 

Sometimes it feels like we are in complete darkness, lonely and sad, but there is always a light just a little bit ahead. It was a strange experience to comfort and give counsel to a middle-aged couple, but we are here to help people remember that Christ understands, loves them, and will always help them. What a beautiful message we get to share. I just feel incredibly blessed.

I hope you have a wonderful week! You and Hermana Harbertson are amazing and I am so grateful for all you do!

with love, Hermana Purse

Pics:

1) Zone fun
2) just monkeying around. The usual :)

The computer is suuuuper slow, so I can't send more sorry!






No comments:

Post a Comment