Letter to President:
President Harbertson,
I feel like I learn something new everyday! This last week I felt a little like a sore thumb (being a tall gringa and all) sticking out here and there and well everywhere. The men in the streets are awful and sometimes I would just like to be invisible. Also, people like to make jokes sometimes that "the gringa doesn't know anything." I laugh as well, but still it doesn't help my confidence much...So with a lot of thoughts on my mind yesterday, I was reading the conference ensign and I read the talk Pres. Utchdorf gave in the Women's Conference "Living the Gospel Joyfully" and it comforted my heart and brought a few things to my remebrance. Firstly, Heavenly Father loves all of us. He loves me. He loves me and accepts me for who I am. I am where I need to be, doing what I should be doing and all that matters is pleasing Him.
As we were helping a less-active weed her garden, I was still thinking about how being in the minority is hard. I thought, "Well if they don't accept me, if they don't treat me normally, it doesn't matter because someday I will be back with the people who love me, believe in me, and accept me." Satisfied with this thought, I was humbled when the Holy Ghost whispered to me, "Your Heavenly Father loves you, accepts you, and believes in you. And He is always with you!" Once again in my mission, I realized that I should only be concerned with pleasing Him and doing His will! But sometimes I forget and I still need reminders, but I am grateful for the reminder I recieved and I am grateful for the comfort and instruction the Holy Ghost always brings. I don't think Heavenly Father will ever stop giving me opportunities to humble myself and I am so grateful for that!
Well, as for news of the week, the baptism of Fisher went well Saturday. The Elders heated the water, a little bit too much and Fisher and Marvin (an 8 year old that got baptised as well) did not want to get in the water. We had to turn on the cold water again before they could get in and it still was pretty hot, but all went well and two boys were baptised.
Hermana Giron and I have some great goals to really help our sector this transfer! We just need to stay motivated and positive.
Thank you for all you do! Have a wonderful weel and say hi to Hermana Harbertson for me!
Hermana Purse
I feel like I learn something new everyday! This last week I felt a little like a sore thumb (being a tall gringa and all) sticking out here and there and well everywhere. The men in the streets are awful and sometimes I would just like to be invisible. Also, people like to make jokes sometimes that "the gringa doesn't know anything." I laugh as well, but still it doesn't help my confidence much...So with a lot of thoughts on my mind yesterday, I was reading the conference ensign and I read the talk Pres. Utchdorf gave in the Women's Conference "Living the Gospel Joyfully" and it comforted my heart and brought a few things to my remebrance. Firstly, Heavenly Father loves all of us. He loves me. He loves me and accepts me for who I am. I am where I need to be, doing what I should be doing and all that matters is pleasing Him.
As we were helping a less-active weed her garden, I was still thinking about how being in the minority is hard. I thought, "Well if they don't accept me, if they don't treat me normally, it doesn't matter because someday I will be back with the people who love me, believe in me, and accept me." Satisfied with this thought, I was humbled when the Holy Ghost whispered to me, "Your Heavenly Father loves you, accepts you, and believes in you. And He is always with you!" Once again in my mission, I realized that I should only be concerned with pleasing Him and doing His will! But sometimes I forget and I still need reminders, but I am grateful for the reminder I recieved and I am grateful for the comfort and instruction the Holy Ghost always brings. I don't think Heavenly Father will ever stop giving me opportunities to humble myself and I am so grateful for that!
Well, as for news of the week, the baptism of Fisher went well Saturday. The Elders heated the water, a little bit too much and Fisher and Marvin (an 8 year old that got baptised as well) did not want to get in the water. We had to turn on the cold water again before they could get in and it still was pretty hot, but all went well and two boys were baptised.
Hermana Giron and I have some great goals to really help our sector this transfer! We just need to stay motivated and positive.
Thank you for all you do! Have a wonderful weel and say hi to Hermana Harbertson for me!
Hermana Purse
Family time!
Hey y'all did you know that 7 months from today I will be heading home? (that is if no one comes to pick me up) But how crazy is that! Last week Nat asked me how it felt to almost have a year, IT IS UNREAL. I feel like time is absolutely flying and I am like "NO!!! I have so much to learn! So many weaknesses to make into strengths!" Then I think, "But family and food and fresh(ish) baby nephews and nieces also... SLEEP(haha)!" So let's just say, getting close to my year mark makes me think about stuff like that a lot. It is hard, because I want to focus in my mission, but my mind has always been a multi-tasker. But don't fret, I am working hard!
Fisher's baptism went well, like I mentioned to President. He is so cute! I will attach pictures. Now my comp and I have no investigators (why does that always happen to me?) But we are going to work DURAZO (super hard) and hopefully make some miracles happen!
I love you all! I love Peru (even though they discriminate against white folks, esp woman)! I love my compy (even though, sometimes she scares me with her pranks and Shakira music)! And I love my mission! (even though it tries to kill me sometimes!!) So much love! Don't worry, even though I cry sometimes, deep-down I am really happy!
Love you all sooooooo much it hurts!
oxooxoxoxox Hermana Purse
p.s. will you still love me if I come home chubby?
1) So apparently the cockroach guy from MIB is my Zone leader... (Me, Helen, & Hna Giron)
2) Umbrella probs...like my new skirt? 7 soles ($2.50 ish) :) (someone help a girl out with the red eye)
No comments:
Post a Comment