Alma 26:16

"...Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." Alma 26:16


Monday, March 9, 2015

PULLKAY y otras cosas

Hey beautiful family!
Well this week seemed loooong, because they switched our P-day to Thursday because an event called "Pullkay" was happening that day and no one was going to be home. Obviously, we wrote our families Monday, but after that we worked like normal, but it was actually a successful day! We met with a new family. The wife is a member (less-active) but the husband no. She takes him to church, they pray as a couple, and they set goals to become better. We can definitely work with this! After internet, we are going to go eat lunch with them.
His name is Charles and her name is Reina (queen). He has listened to missionaries (elders) for years, but maybe the hermanas can help him finally jump the gap of doubt and be baptized. We will see how it goes, but really it was a tender mercy of the Lord that we were able to come in contact with them. My only prayer is that I can be a effective instrument in the Lord's hands to help Charles make the decision to be baptized. I will keep you updated!
Not having p-day until Thursday stressed me out. For the first time in my mission I did not want to get out of bed and I didn't want to do anything. I feel old! I feel like I have been walking everyday for a long time! It catches up to you for sure. I want to give it 110% for the rest of the time I have left. I have decided and I won't be stopped. Pray for me to be strong!
Anyways, just some other things. One of the things I love about being a missionary is always having the companionship of the Holy Ghost, I mean, we are constantly talking. He is always there and it is such a comfort and blessing. It is something I never want to lose.
Before I go, I should probably explain what Pullkay is. Basically it is like Extravadance, but with latino countries and randomly the Czech Rep. and Slovenia. We got to watch them pass through the street Thursday! It was really a neat experience! So a bunch of countries come and dance and partake of the beauty that is Andahuayles and Peru. Cool! Anyways that is all.
I love you all sooooooo much! You are the best!
oxoxoxoxoxox
Hermana Purse


1) I am a Panay :) We helped Karen and Paola, two members, make chocolates to sell to raise money for their missions.
2) Hna Giron and I :)
3) Pullkay (Panays y Waeqes)




No comments:

Post a Comment