Hi family! As always I love you and pray for you! I can't wait to see the pictures of my new Nephew...he is coming this week, right?
Anyways, this week was a good one. For our obedience and diligence, Heavenly Father is showering blessings upon my companion and I. I have been so amazed at the miracles we are seeing together and I know that it is because we are both doing what we should and we both have our minds and hearts dedicated to the Lord right now. There isn't any other way to experience blessings like these. He promises us blessings if we are obedient and He always comes through.
Some updates, Amy is doing well. She read the whole Chastity pamphet and shared it with a friend too. She tells us that she didn't know it was a sin to do the things she had been doing in her past. She has a hard past and her family is a mess. We will be prayerfully doing all we can to help her.
Charles started reading the Book of Mormon by himself! We left him a passage to read, but after reading it he started at the beginning of the book! Now he has all sorts of questions about Moroni and Joseph Smith. I love it! :)
Flor has been pretty bad off with her pregnancy and all. She is still taking it easy and not leaving the house. She has a lot of nausea, poor thing. But all this suffering will end with a beautiful baby, so that it the good thing! :)
We have had the opportunity to start teaching some new people. First, a family with 2 sons and they are very strong in their Catholic beliefs, but very kind and welcoming to us. Why? Because they have friends who are LDS. Member connections are so important! Anyway, tragically, one of their sons was murdered last year when he was only 20. They are still suffering with pain and anger, but they have faith that they will one day be reunited with their son. We will be sure to help them understand how. So we look forward to teaching more!
We have run into some strong catholics this last week and it has influenced my focus in my personal study. I am returning to studying more about the Apostasy and the organization of the Church of Jesus Christ and can I just say, The Church is so true! Looking at history and scriptures it is amazingly evident, but I know that the Holy Ghost is who testifies the truthfulness to these people's hearts. That is another reason why it is so, so important that we, especially as missionaries, live worthy to have the influence of the spirit in our lives. I love it. I just love the gospel! It makes so much sense.
Well, I love Andahuaylas and I love this work. I am so grateful to be here with so many opportunites to do good.
I love you all sooooooo much! Be safe and healthy and happy and never forget to pray or read the scriptures or go to church! Okay? okay. I know you are great :)
oxoxoxox
con mucho amor,
Hermana Purse
1) My favorite zone thus far :)
No comments:
Post a Comment