Hey everyone! I hope this email finds you all super well!
I had a great birthday yesterday, really mellow and normal, as it was Sunday, but we are going to celebrate tonight with my pension and I think we are also going to make tacos with the eldercitos today. So good times :)
Our investigators invited us to eat lunch with them yesterday in honor of my birthday and we gratefully accepted, although I think my pension, Raul, was a bit bummed out as he likes to keep his hijas (daughters) close. He is just like a dad in that way. Anyways, We ate with Charlie and Reina and they fed us SO MUCH. We almost died (not really), but walking was a bit difficult afterward. I will attatch a pic :)
We had Ward Council and all that jazz, passed by to se how Flor was doing. She is alot more friendly with us now! Yes! She is doing well and actually she didn't end up losing her baby, it was a miracle! Anyways, she is taking it easy and we are trying to be more and more her friends.We are praying for her and her husband, Fredy, like crazy. As well as Charlie and Reina.
Well, in the night, we ate my favorite, Arroz con leche! Rice with milk. It is a dish that has really grown on me and I will continue to make it at home. That about sums up my day yesterday! Oh, also the ZLs gave me a snickers and a milkway. They know me, haha. And the Helencita gave me a Hello Kitty Necklace, she is so precious. They know I like cats :)
In other news, I am the English teacher her in Andahuaylas. I teach the latin missionaries twice a week and everyone else (members, investigators, whoever!) once a week. It is a good time! Our mission president and his wife are pushing and working hard to help the latin missionaries learn english, so I am trying to help with that. It is amazing to see because they too, have the gift of tongues. My comp is loving learning english with me and everyday she gets so excited when she learns something new. She is adorable. Well that only sad thing is that I am forgetting english! haha. Spanish just makes more sense now. Obviously I can still write in English, but when it comes to talking...yikes. Spanglish times. There is another North American Elder helping me out in the clases so all is well. It is just funny.
Anyways, that's all I really have to say! Thank you so much for all the brithday wishes! I love you all and I hope you have a marvelous week!
Your safe, healthy, and happy missionary,
Hermanita Purse
1) Smiley face, "Aji de Gallina" It is delicious, but maybe in a smaller portion. haha. They show their love for us by giving us a mountain of food :)
2) Ah, my trainee (daughter in the mission) She is a cutie.
3) The sister leaders came, which means I saw Hna Hunter! Love her.
4) Selfie, upside-down. Hna Lozano (my comp), Hna Chipunavi, me and hna Hunter :)
No comments:
Post a Comment