Okay, so I am doing something new and sending a general email for everyone to read! I hope you enjoy it!
Well, this week was a good week. I was still struggling with stomach pain and no appetite for the first few days, so Wednesday I decided to pulgarme! (I am not sure what that word it in english...) But basically it cleans out your stomach, getting rid of all the bad stuff like parasites and stuff. Apparently, you are supposed to do it every 5 months or so...Anyways, I told the elders I was going to do it and they wanted to as well. So we found ourselves, Wednesday in the evening, drinking a liter of hot cleansing tea stuff in the restaurant of Raul and Sheyla. It was pretty funny.
Before Hermana Lozano came, I and my other companion were working with an in-active woman named Blanca. She would come to church every now and then, but with out the support of her non-member husband and in-active children, she usually was just sad and didn't come. Well I have continued to visit her with Hermana Lozano and we have started teaching her lessons and having Family Nights with her and she has changed so much! There is a new light and joy in her countenance. She had an interview with the Branch President Saturday and Sunday she came to all of church! She was so happy the whole time. Also, Nancy, the Relief Society President gave her the calling of choosing and directing the hymns in relief society every Sunday. Blanca was so happy! She is determined to be more faithful in the gospel from here on out. We will continue working with her, strengthing her testimony and knowledge always. Meanwhile, she is helping us find more in-actives to teach. (As she has been a member for YEARS...she was actually RS President and pension for the Elders once upon a time. She often talks about those times with the elders and I thing my companion and I are bringing back good memories for her, of better times. Also, she is suffering with 2 tumors in her throat, not cancerous, but she is such a strong lady! Please keep her in your prayers as well!
Well we weren't able to get in contact with Flor and Fredy this week, as they had an emergency. Flor almost had miscarriage. Hopefully this trial will help them become closer with Heavenly Father and accept His son and His gospel in their lives. We will keep working with them. I can picture them in white someday, being sealed for time and all eternity in the temple. :)
Charlie and Reina, well not much to say about them, but we are working on discovering Charlie's "iceberg" or his doubts about joining the church. There is hope there and we have faith. They are another potential eternal family. :)
And then there is Amy. She is great, but believes that all the churches that talk about God are the true churches. We are going to explain the Restoration again and help her understand that Christ, as says the Bible, clearly organized His church with a prophet and 12 apostles, who have the authority to act in God's name (the Priesthood) and who receive revelation for the saints. Well, she semi-rejected a baptismal date, but that didn't get us down. We will keep praying, hoping and just keep on keeping on.
Well there is a brief explanation about my life right now. I love my pension fam! Also, 2 young sisters received their mission calls this week! How cool is that? Karen will be going to La Paz Bolivia and Paola will go to Trujillo, Peru-where they are dedicated the 2nd temple in Peru! Who will be able to watch it? ME. :) But from Andahuyalas of course!
I love you all!!! Be safe, happy, and healthy!
oxoxox
Hermana Purse
pic: With the Fam. (I am a giant here...lol)
No comments:
Post a Comment