So this week was a bit chaotic, but good! It all started Tuesday...I hope you guys don't get worried when I tell you about the times I get sick. I mean I am in pretty good hands, so don't worry. Also, I like telling you about when I am sick, soo...
Tuesday. Was. Awful.
It started off normally enough. I had a stomachache, but I thought it would pass. I did "insanity" and started sipping some peppermint tea...and then the diarreah started.
Let's just say it was bad. I mean, running to the bathroom every half-hour or so, and I was only losing liquid. I was stressed and upset and well feeling downright awful, so I called the elders to see if they could come give me a blessing. (usually I tough through situations like this, but I had the impression to call them, also because I didn't feel like it was "normal" as the prior week I couldn't eat normally due to nausea every time I ate) Well, they called up a member who is a nurse and came over with her to check on me. She is super great, but sometimes I feel like she is a bit dramatic and well, she said I was super dehydrated and it worried her. She wanted to get my blood drawn to see if I had typhoid fever. She left me with some pills and an electrolyte drink to get me hydrated and we were to go to the clinic in the afternoon. Well, every time I drank anything I felt super nauseas and I would go running to the bathroom (not to throw up) and well, I just couldn't get myself to drink much and I kept going with the diarreah.
This is really long, but the end of the story is that I got my blood drawn and didn't have typhoid fever, but at the end of the day I was so dehydrated that they hooked me up to an IV in my room (my first!) And I kinda slept while they pumped liquids into me, then threw up afterward. But after that I felt a lot better and since then I have been good. I guess I had a stomach infection of some kind...So I am still taking pills for that. But it makes for a good story!
I am just so grateful that the elders took good care of me and the 2 member nurses! People were seriously too good to me :) It made me feel a lot better because I wasn't at home and with mommy :)
Anyways, we also traveled to Abancay for a conference this weekend. It was great! At the end, with tears in his eyes, President told us, "You are where you are supposed to be, doing what you are supposed to be doing. The Lord needs every one of you!" Well, that brought tears to my eyes. I am so grateful for my President! What a wonderful man!
Here is what I wrote to him this week:
Well President, it was an interesting week.
Satan is working HARD to tear me down, and now he uses, "You are a horrible trainer" to get at me. I know it is absurd, and that in fact, I am not a horrible trainer, imperfect yes, but I know that I am striving to do my best and actually I feel quite content.
I was a bit stressed out this week, due to illness and traveling, but we ended on a good note. Saturday we came in contact again with long lost investigator Flor and her less-active husband Fredy. They didn't make it to church yesterday, but Reina (less-active) and Charles (I) did! Only for sacrament meeting, but another of our new investigators, Amy (19), did come! And she stayed all three hours with her two little sisters and her daughter. We felt so blessed! I know this week we will continue to see miracles.
Hermana Lozano is doing well, Sometimes she gets sad thinking about family and missing them, but overall she is very strong and she is learning and progressing a lot. I am very grateful that she is my companion because she is helping me a lot. Really the only times when I feel like I am training her is when I share with, and teach her my knowledge of all the lessons and the Book of Mormon. I have been pleasantly surprised to find that I know a lot more than I thought! I guess that is what happens when you are studying and teaching for a year. Things are good :)
LOVE YOU ALL! oxoxoxox
Hermana Purse
1) My first IV!
2) Zone p-day in Sondor :)
3) Crazy one, with Sheyla and Raul :)
No comments:
Post a Comment