Alma 26:16

"...Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." Alma 26:16


Monday, June 15, 2015

Another week and a lot learned

Hi beautiful family!

Firstly, it is official! Charles is getting BAPTIZED! The 27th, it would have been this Saturday, but the dedication of the Trujillo Temple is this Sunday (woo!) so there won't be the normal Sunday meetings and he has to be confirmed the next day in Sac Meeting, but the 27th it is! We have seen the most amazing conversion in him and his wife, we know that they will be strong members. They are amazing! Also, he is totally teaching us now. He will read the Book of Mormon and basically give us a lesson about what he learned. It is amazing to see someone that is truly converted like that. Keep the prayers coming for them, the Peña (penyah) family! They need all the strength to resist the attacks of the adversary in these crucial moments.

It was cute because we went to Abancay again (my comp all the way to Lima) and when we got back everyone was all like: "We missed you! What would the District do without you two?" It is good to feel loved :)

So Sunday we get to watch the Temple dedication, I am very excited for that! Then next Monday there will be a first presidency fireside in Cusco, we still aren't sure who will come, but we also get to watch it from the our little church here in Andahuaylas.

For p-day we are going to make lasagna as a zone and watch meet the Mormons! Now those a 2 things I like to do! :)

Well I am doing really well, despite some rough roller coaster rides sometimes, but I feel like I am finally becoming the missionary that I want to become. There are transfers in 2 weeks and that means I may possibly leave my beloved Andahuaylas as I have been here for almost 6 months. We will see what the Lord has in store, but I want everyone to know that I LOVE ANDAHUAYLAS and the people here. I feel so blessed :)

I hope you all have a GREAT week! Happy Father's day this Sunday dad! I love you all soooo much!

oxoxox

Hermana Purse
Pics: 
1) I went to Abancay again and got to meet the mom of Raul (my pensionista). She is the cutest woman I have ever met and her kitchen is full of guinea pigs running all over the place. She only speaks Quechua, but understands spanish. The first thing she said when she saw me was that I am really white. haha I get that a lot....
2) Playing Piano in a cemetery at a Funeral/ grave Rededication thing (he died a year ago..)




No comments:

Post a Comment