Well it is amazing the many spiritual connections one makes as a missionary. I mean, Heavenly Father is really laying on us all we need to know so that we can face what comes next. He gives me SO many opportunities to learn and keep learning and at the end of it all I can recognize His hand in molding me and making me stretch and grow.
You know me family. That I am a perfecctionist and that I care too much about what others think, well that is still a great weakness for me, but I am still working on it. Heavenly Father does not tire in reminding me to trust Him! To do what I can and leave the rest to Him. HE gently reminds me to only worry about what He thinks.He is sooooo patient with me, like a loving father, and I am just grateful that He cares for me enough to let me pass through the trials that I need to become better. Anyways, It is amazing.
President Uchtdorf came to Cusco a few weeks ago and he gave us two counsels to "prosper in the land/ our lives"
1) Keep the Commandments
2) Trust in the Lord
It is that simple and it is that complicated, but I know without a doubt that if we put into practice these two things in our lives, we will prosper! Probably not with all the riches in the world, but with the riches of heaven, which includes continually having the gift of the Holy Ghost with us. And it is SO important that we have that spirit with us. It is absolutely necessary.
Well, about me. This week was good, My companion and I have a great time together. (we laugh a lot) and She is wonderful counselor for me :) I hope I am helping her as she is helping me. I am waking up happier and, well I just am happier (probably because I am not as stressed out). We are seeing little miracles in our sector and even though it can be freezing cold and all our appointments can fall through, we are looking for the little joys. Also, we go out to jog in the early(cold) hours of the morning. It is great and I feel good. I have never jogged before in my life and now I am jogging at about 10,000 feet. I am eating a lot and I am really loving the people here. Hermana Lozano taught me how to love even more than I had been and well I hope that the members here can see my true desire to help and support them in what they need. Being a missionary is the best! I love me job! :)
Always smile. Smileing people are more attractive. haha Sometimes missionaries forget to smile, but that isn't right! Anways, I love you all a lot! Your pictures are up on my wall :) I hope you have a wonderful week! oxoxox
con mucho amor,
Hermana Purse
No comments:
Post a Comment