Well, I shall start with a story. I kinda started off last week rough, letting mean thoughts get me down and well, Tuesday morning was a little rough. My comp helped me lift my spirits a little bit, but when we left to proselyte I was still being pessimistic. After our appointment fell through, we decided to pass by an investigator that works in an Internet cafe. She was happy to see us and wanted to talk about the family and everything so we decided to take advantage of the fact that she works in an inter net and watch a Mormon message with her. We were a little crunched for time and we opened up lds.orgquickly and picked the first video we saw on the page. It was the story of the current bush and the gardener and it truly was an answer to my prayers. I knew Heavenly Father was reminding AGAIN, just to calm down and understand that I am in a refining process right now and that it will hurt every once and awhile, but to just keep going. Sometimes I just have my bad days, but they usually get better quickly. The end.
Anyways, Thursday we had an incredible conference with Elder Uceda! What wonderful people he and his wife are! Okay, to be honest my stress level with increasing and increasing with everything he was saying about how we can be more obedient and more effective teachers. At one point I turned to my comp and told her, "I want ice cream." haha I get so stressed sometimes and I don't have a reason to, because I know I am striving to be the best missionary that I can, at the same time recognizing that there is a lot of room for growth and development still. (I am a perfectionist, and it is sometimes a problem) He also talked about repentance, how it is something that is beautiful and sweet. It gets us back on the right path to our Heavenly Father. He said that it is a principle of perfection and that it is something we should exercise everyday, I loved everything he said because the beautiful thing about the Atonement and the gospel is that it is for us imperfect humans that are trying so hard to follow a perfect example, but that is where repentance comes in--and if we do it everyday a change of nature will occur inside us. It truly is beautiful and the spirit was so strong when he was saying this. Meanwhile a voice snuck inside my head that told me I'm worthless and that I can never reach the potential Elder Uceda talked about, but you know what happened? A quieter, gentler voice told me it was okay, that I should just take everyday one at a time and always ask for forgiveness and start a new day fresh. So that is what I am applying and I am feeling good. I feel the hope in a Heavenly Father who forgives and loves me. The gospel is so beautifully perfect and TRUE. It gives me so much joy. And we are sooooo blessed to have men that are called of God to direct us and teach us!
Okay, so Friday we had our "Meet the Mormons" activity. Very few people showed up, but the popcorn was delicious and I absolutely love that film! It was the second time I've seen it and it just brings tears to my eyes to see such wonderful members of the church who are all so unique, but united in Christ. The Church is just so perfect! I love it! I am so grateful that us crazy humans have such a wonderful institution like that. Anyways, if you haven't seen "Meet the Mormons" watch it! So good.
Well, as far as investigators, we have some new ones. Possibly a 4-member family...but I will let you know how it goes. We taught Glena and Robert twice and Robert has a baptism date! (it is a goal) but we are excited and working hard with them.
Cusco is in its fall-winter time, so it is a bit brown, but still very beautiful. The temperatures are nice during the day, mild, but the sun beats down hot and hard! At night and in the morning and in our room, it is quite chilly. I use my nice warm coat dad got me all the time and I study with my green blankie wrapped around me, like always!
Oh and I got to see Hna. Lozano at the conference and every one of the sisters from my district from the CCM, including my comp Hna Davis! It was sooo great to see all of them, but sadly we didn't have time for a pic :/ But we will get one together at the end of our missions.
Well I hope you all have a wonderful week! I love you all so much! thank you for all your support and prayers!
oxoxox Hermana Purse
No comments:
Post a Comment