Hi family!
This week was good-ish! It was (and still is) a bit hard to come from a sector where I was working like a crazy woman to come to a sector where not much has been going on for awhile and the work is SLOW...but there is definitely hope, because that is how it was when I got to Andahuaylas. I am hoping that by the end of my time here the ward members will love the missionaries! (esp. them cute sisters ;)) I am hoping that when I leave there will be many (preferibly families) on the fast track to reactivation and baptism. So we've got a lot of hard work ahead! So PRAY that I don't get discouraged because I am facing it BIG time. :/
I got a letter from Hna Lozano that Amy and Flor from Andahuaylas are getting baptised this week! I am really happy for them! Before I left Andahuaylas I had a very direct (with love) conversation with Flor and Fredy. Sometimes I've got it in me to be very direct and I know that if we want to see some progress here in Chasqui we've got to do the same thing! Always, of course, with love. People don't get going if we beat around the bush. You know what I mean? Anyways, as always I ask for your prayers!
We started teaching a new family this last week, a similar situation to Charles and Reyna, less-active wife and non-member husband, Robert and Glena. The husband drinks, but is doing his best to be sober and they have come to church 2 weeks in a row. I know that God can make a miracle there. :)
Other investigators...mmmm, we have a pregnant 19 year-old, Erika, she is adorable, but lives with her boyfriend and as far as teaching them together it is complicated because he works literally all day, every day. We are praying about that one.
Another investigator is Kate, she wants to be baptised but is super busy with university finals that she keeps dropping appointments with us. Bah! We are gonna have a nice direct talk with her too. I mean THIS IS SALVATION PEOPLE. It is not something to be flaky about.
This week we've got a conference with Elder Uceda from the first quorum of the seventy I believe. It shall be great. And on Friday we are having a Ward missionary Movie Night and watching "Meet the Mormons" it shall be great as well and we are talking it up and inviting everyone!
This morning we went to a park that has dinosaur statues! It was fun! We went with our pension :)
Well I love you all a lot! When I get discouraged a voice like this comes into my mind, "Gurl, what do you think your doing? You've got a whole army of loved ones cheering you on! Don't feel sorry for yourself. Only quitters feel sorry for themselves..." Something like that. I don't know if you caught on that it is a black lady's voice. haha
Okay LOVE YOU again!
Have a GREAT week!
oxoxox Hermana Purse
1) Meet my cute compy Hermana Esplin :)
2) Peace. and Dinosaur love.
3) haha danger.
No comments:
Post a Comment